Pleasant Valley offers consumers and manufacturers healthy, cold-pressed, non-GMO canola oil for everyday cooking use. When it comes to delivering the highest quality and most natural product possible, simple processes are key, and we work to be transparent with ours. You will always know where our ingredients come from and how we make our products, so that you can thrive and live your best life.
Vegetables oils, including canola, sunflower, soy, corn and olive are all extracted from seeds. The way that the oil is extracted from the seed has a direct effect on how the oil tastes and the amount of nutrients it has to offer. We use certified non-GMO canola seeds from local farmers to produce our canola oil and meal, which is a high quality and natural alternative. We then use the latest in cold-pressing technology to make our canola oil, a process not used by any other oil mills in Canada. Cold-pressing means that our seeds are not heated before, during or after the pressing process, ensuring a more flavourful and nutritious product. Cold-pressed canola oil has higher stability than typical retail canola oils, allowing for longer fry times and greater shelf life. No additional processing is used, resulting in a more natural, clean, and better tasting oil.
Our oils are also environmentally sustainable in that they require far less energy and transport to produce. Our bins of canola are located in our own farmyard, and excess canola is purchased from local sustainable farmers whom we trust. In addition, far less electricity is used, and no fossil fuels are burned to produce our oil. We offer a range of delivery strategies based on customer requests, from small shipments to bulk. Manufacturers, suppliers and nutritionists can order our products in a variety of formats. No matter the size of your business or needs, reach out and get in touch.
Research indicates that cold-pressed canola oils are nutritional powerhouses, and have significant health advantages in comparison to other oils for people:
- Farmer-owned and Canada-made
- All natural
- Zero trans fat
- Additive and preservative free
- Low in saturated fat (olive oil contains twice as much saturated fat as canola oil)
- Source of essential Omega-6 and Omega-3 fats, promoting optimal heart health
- High in Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA), an essential omega-3 fatty acid that lowers bad cholesterol
- High in Linoleic Acid (LA), an essential omega-6 fatty acid important for the brain and for the growth and development of infants.
- Higher levels of Tocopherols, a powerful biological antioxidant
- Higher levels of Carotenoids and Phytosterols, lowering cholesterol and protecting against heart disease
- High in Vitamin E and antioxidants, protecting the body from pollutants, preventing heart disease, and reducing the onset of age-related degenerative diseases
- Rich golden colour
- Buttery flavour